We’ve released a new version of Space Weather for Windows 8. This version only contains a few bug fixes. We’ve been slow to release new versions for both platforms but rest assured, we are working a new versions of for Windows Phone and Windows 8 that will contain major changes. Also, big thanks to Nicholas who pointed out the bug and worked with us (so patiently) to resolve this. THANKS!
You can download the app here.
Pin Space Weather to your start screen to see the solar storm that is happening now!
- Swipe to the right to see all of your apps
- Find Space Weather in your list of apps
- Tap and hold the Space Weather icon
- Tap “pin to start”
- Then once it is on the Start Screen, tap and hold and choose the tile size
- We recommend the wide Tile to get the most information.
Space Weather is featured on Windows Phone Apps+Games in the Spotlight section for the US! We honored to be up there next to some huge names like Audible, Spotify, Cut the Rope, and OpenTable! Thanks Windows Phone Team! We are pretty sure that this should match up to the Spotlight section in the Windows Phone Marketplace but we aren’t seeing it yet.
Check it out!
We’ve been getting some feedback from some of our awesome users regarding the Space Weather Tile. Some have asked if we would consider allowing the Tile to change color along with your phone’s accent color (e.g. If your phone’s theme is set to purple the Space Weather Live Tile would also be purple). Would you like to see this? Or are you OK with it always being red?
We made this video using Nokia’s Marketing Toolkit. Thanks Nokia and thanks http://www.centwiseapp.com for the tip!
A new version of Space Weather was released today. This was a pretty big update. We added a few features and fixes but this release was mainly to prepare for another update we are working on. The release notes are below. You can grab the app here. You should see the update in the marketplace, if not you can try to force it by searching for the app in the store and then clicking “update”.
- moved to Azure
- added app bar menu at the bottom
- moved the about and rate buttons to the app bar
- added twitter feed (may make some changes to this in the future)
- added better bug handling
- redesigned the release notes section (build)
- added rating request (please!?)
- cleaned up main page
- removed the movie pages and used Microsoft’s video control. Better performance.
- be sure to update your phone. Microsoft released 8862 for Windows Phone 7. This fixes the Live Tile bug
- Working on a huge update 3.0
Space Weather App (and the website) is now faster and more reliable. We just made the switch to Azure.
I just submitted an update to the Windows Phone App store. Hopefully it passes quickly. I will post an update when it is released along with the build notes and features.
If you’re running Space Weather on Windows Phone 7.8 you’ll want to update to 8862. It fixes the Live Tile bug. Windows Phone 8 is not affected. http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp7/basics/update-history
We released Space Weather 2.1.3 and 2.1.4 shortly after. These releases addressed issues with the KP index and the small Live Tile. Sadly, we have discovered that the Windows Phone 7.8 Live Tile bug is affecting some phones. It does not affect Windows Phone 8 devices. We are working with Microsoft to see if there is anything we can do as workaround. Rest assured that it is not the application and if there is something we can do to fix it, we will push out an update immediately.